Nitrogen fertilization and nitrate directive
Calculation of nitrogen fertilization
This guide sets out the rules for calculating nitrogen fertilization according to the provisional balance method and is a useful update the first 1996 edition. It applies to annual crops and pastures. Read more ... It is used in all production systems (reasoned, biological, integrated ...) because it captures all possible sources of nitrogen (nitrogen from symbiotic fixation in legumes, organic nitrogen in intermediate crops or residues of previous crops and mineral nitrogen fertilizers).
This COMIFER guide is intended for farmers and all the players in training and consulting. Prescribers can decline the method in their regional context or according to the specificities of certain crops. Experimentation should always validate the parameters and estimates necessary to propose an operational advice.
Download the Nitrogen brochure (Updated - 2013)
National COMIFER RMT & Environment Day
National COMIFER RMT & Environment Day March 15, 2012, with the support of the two ministries with the attention of the experts named in the GREN.
Download the presentations from the national day:
- Introduction by the Ministry of Agriculture and Ministry of Ecology
- Speech by Joseph MENARD - Vice President of the Environmental Commission of the APCA
- COMIFER Presentation
- RMT Presentation
Session 1 - Unit for the method and diversity of tools
- 1-1 - From the reasoning method to tools that aid decision-making
- 1-2 - Adaptation to uses and local contexts
Session 2 - National and regional references to the tools required
- 2-1 - National and Regional References for tools
- 2-2 - Establishment of a repository of nitrogen requirements of crops
- 2-3 - Constitution of a provision for a soil repository for corn in Alsace
- 2-4 - Contistution a repository for the inclusion of organic products in Britain
Session 3 - Implementation of tools and adjustment possibilities